Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Side Effects

Thursdays are my weigh in days. This can either be a good or a bad thing. I'm sure you can understand this. I started my day by hopping on the scale...well, it was more of a hesitant and gentle step on. Anyway, the rest of my day - and even week - is sometimes determined by how those numbers appear. As I stood there, naked as a jaybird, I prayed that the workouts and sensible diet were paying off. I closed my eyes as the little machine made up its mind as to my weight, and when I opened them I was equally fearful and excited. And oh, what a glorious surprise I found. I was down by a good amount...more than two pounds this week! Woohoo!!! This is one awesome side effect of my reignited passion for running!!!

But losing weight isn't the only side effect. While I will run later this morning (remember, no time for excuses or failure), I can barely walk right now. Every muscle in the lower half of my body screams with each connection my foot makes with the earth. It's intense, but I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. I just keep telling myself that if I keep going, I'll run myself out of pain - literally. Please, Lord, let this be true!

I guess it boils down to the fact that I am choosing the positive side effect over the negative. Only good can come from that attitude. Okay, gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment