Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back on Track

My training lost its footing for a few days when an upper respiratory infection settled in my chest. I did get in my third day of training on Friday night, but couldn't do anything again until tonight. While I really wanted to push myself and get in a workout last night, my hubby and a smart friend talked some sense into me.

Since it had been 5 days, I decided to repeat week 1, day 3 of the 60 second run/90 second walk when I got on my treadmill this evening. I pushed myself to run and walk faster with each interval. I still only average about a 16.5 minute mile, but considering I did a 20 minute mile just two weeks ago, I'm happy with my progression. We've all gotta start somewhere.

Tonight, I simply relished the fact that my feet were moving and getting me back on track to reaching my running goals. Tomorrow, I'll start week 2 of training outside. I can't wait!

Oh, and since all good work deserves rewards, I got myself some great new technical fabric workout shirts and a gym bag to get my gear to and from work. My mile time may be ugly, but I'll look good as I improve on my running skills.

Okay, time to rest up for my big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment