Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rocking...Rolling...Running


Even though this cough of mine won't take the hint and bugger off, I am determined to stick with my training schedule. Today, I hit the run trail for Week 2, Day 1, which included a warm up walk, 6 intervals of 90 second run/2 minute walk, and a cool down walk. I'll admit it, I was a mess!!!

At the halfway mark, I reached a pond/reservoir area that has a few benches alongside the water. I walked past a gaggle of young moms, sitting quietly with their babies in strollers in front of them. They all stared at me, not smiling or saying hello (though I panted a "Hi" out to the group). When the robotic woman on the C25K app on my phone instructed me I was at the halfway point, I turned around. Shortly after, I was told to start my run interval. As I made my way past the women again, they continued to stare...maybe even glare with concern. That's when I realized I was most likely scaring them with my wheezing, huffing, heavy breathing and coughing, but who cares!? I don't. I made it through the training successfully and am one sluggish, running step closer to my 5K goal. Go me!

Also, since it is a Thursday, I started my day with a weigh in. I was even more anxious this week than last, considering this respiratory infection kept me from working out much, and I did give in to some cravings here and there. The good news is that I still, by the grace of God, lost 1.4 pounds this week. Sound the horns and let the confetti fly!

You can tell from the picture I took of myself post training today that I was throwing myself a party for completing Week 2, Day 1 of training. Believe it or not, I am already excited to take on Day 2 tomorrow. I'm rocking...rolling...running!

No comments:

Post a Comment