Monday, March 4, 2019

You Get Stronger

I have been steadfast in my morning routine. At this point, if I do not do the mental work in the morning, my day suffers in a real way. My mindset is off, and I quickly turn to the negative. The more time I invest in preparing myself - mind, body and soul - for what is to come, the stronger and happier I feel for longer periods of time. I am building stamina to carry me through the day, even ones filled with meetings, car pools, back pain, complaining colleagues and children...there is always something ready to bring me down. The question has become, am I ready to pick myself up during those trials?

Not every challenge is the workout. Maybe the greatest strength you're building is in the habits you're creating.

You're doing the work when you could be in bed. You're hustling while everyone else is procrastinating. You're reaching for goals that others only daydream about. You claimed those dreams as your real life. You may not be there yet, but you're on your way. It may not be easy (at all)...yet, you are stronger with each step you take.

My morning routine:

1. I do my Start Today Joural entry, which includes gratitude, reviewing and emphasizing all the goals I have for myself, and also the one goal I am working on right now to make me successful.
2. I then spend time on devotion - a bible reading and accompanying explanation about how I can use that teaching in my life. Not everyone will find this to be helpful, but it centers me. Plus, Jesus is my man. If you aren't Christian or religious, I would substitute meditation here. I also meditate, by the way, but do it over prayer.
3. Work out...different stuff all the time, but I get my body moving.
4. Hydrate - that simple, I drink water.
5. Get showered/ready for the day with an empowered and positive mindset!

How do you prepare yourself for a successful day?

No comments:

Post a Comment