Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Flip the Script

Yesterday, I was gifted an unexpected free night...no sports, activities or commitments. This is the kind of rare that feels like the sighting of an endangered species from Asia in your backyard. Ah, freedom!

Usually this would've meant time to binge on food, wine and silly TV shows, but I decided to flip the script on my normal response.
You see, the mornings aren't the only time of day to prepare yourself for greatness. Rather, we are given chances again and again to make decisions that position us for future success.
I did just that.

I made tons of meals - not just for last night's dinner, but for the rest of the week. Now, I have a couple of dinners ready for those insanely busy Wednesday and Thursday nights, as well as lunches for the remainder of the week. Even the hubby was excited to have a Greek salad to grab and go. Need a snack? Peppers and cucumbers are sliced and ready to crunch. And the crowd goes wild!!!

Lots of people meal prep every week, and while this is something I aspire to do regularly, I rarely do. These incremental shifts in mindset are what make the biggest impact. One healthy decision leads to another and another. It feels wonderful.

What are you doing today to make your next move better, easier, more successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment