Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's Sandy's Fault!

I have another race in just 3 days. Why is there no fire lit under my feet, urging me to run like the wind? UGH! Even my mind is sluggish today. I'd like to blame Hurricane Sandy for my lack of enthusiasm (I mean, everybody already hates her), but I know that though she may have kept me from running outside for a few days, she is not the root cause of my laziness. Truth be told, once you fall out of routine, it's very difficult to get back in the groove - at least for me. All the work responsibilities and bad weather and colds in my house got in the way of my workouts for a bit, and next thing you know, I am easily finding excuses to sit on my behind everyday (excluding chasing my girls all over the place). I keep looking around for something to put the spark back in my step, but that has to stop. The spark comes from most often from within and much less frequently from outside sources. I need to be my own inspiration and not forget the good feeling that running and lifting weights and attempting pull ups gives. Exercise is a reward and not something to be avoided. Carving out the time for myself is always a blessing, so I need to start putting myself on the backburner! To be honest, I should be sitting over high heat with water boiling. I have another race to run! Today ends my most recent string of excuses. I will, at a minimum, do my ab and arm routines after my baby goes to bed tonight and begin a new fitness routine. Not only do I deserve good health, I deserve all the good feelings and the high from physical activity. Consider the fire lit, and I'll let you know next week how I do with Sunday's 5K!

2 comments:

  1. Its dark out earlier...messes with your mind. Try having a bright light on at work. It might help. You are an amazing woman, and I wish I had your get up and go. Just know I am so proud to have you as a cousin, and a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marti, you warmed my heart! And a bright light is not a bad idea. And so you know, you're pretty fabulous yourself. :)

      Delete