Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm a Junkie!

Recently, it has come to my attention that I am a full on junkie. I don't mean this to alarm anyone - or to belittle issues involved with serious and life threatening addiction - but I believe in always being honest with my peeps. And, honestly, I have some serious attachment stuff going on these days. For example, let me share with you that my "smart phone" is like my life support. It is an extension of my person. Nowhere do I go without it - walking the dog, getting my baby off to sleep, out for a run, at work, it's even my alarm clock! I have full on anxiety at the thought of leaving it at home in the morning, it being stolen, the screen cracking, etc. And really, don't we all use these mobile devices less as a phone than anything else. I access Facebook, take pictures, play games, check email, text, look up recipes, get directions, and on and on and on. It's amazing. Really, I LOVE MY PHONE (and yes, I love it so much I could marry it, if I wasn't already taken)! What really brought my junkie status to light, though, was what happened to me this past Wednesday. I received an email about a 5K race on Sunday. I barely blinked before checking with my hubby about the date/time and registering. As I write this, I am only two days from race day. What?! Who is this person? I am addicted to races. I mean, I love running, but come on, this is getting silly. The email was like a super strong and uber intense magnet pulling me in. It was as if I had no chance of deleting the message. I was destined to run again. After my last race, where you will remember my hands nearly fell off from being so frozen, I had thought it was time to hang up my running shoes for the season. Ummm...apparently not. I've decided running doesn't have to stop for the cold - nor do I. Today, I am headed to a running store here in Rockville to invest in some good cold gear - gloves, something for my ears, and some running tights. Nothing is going to sideline this chica! I am in it for the long haul...or at least 3.1 miles. :) To round this post out, aside from the obvious obsession I have with my hubby and girls, I will also have you know that I can not live without McDonald's coffee at least once a day (large, three creams) and at least one fistfull of almonds. These are imperative to my existence, well-being, and happiness. Without these things, you'd just want to stand clear. So, there you have it - I am a junkie...and I like it!

3 comments:

  1. You are an incredible "junkie" that I love dearly! I love you dedication to running even through the cold. I decided to do that as well. Come hell or high water...we'll be out there blazing trails in the snow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doll! I may be a racing junkie, but you're going legit with a half marathon. So proud of you!!!

      Delete